Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

chronic post op pain in hips and legs

Hi, my name is Brent from Scitland!!! I had an operation on my L4 and L5 to remove them as they were crushed completely flat but nearlya year after surgery I am still in chrionic pain at the op site on left of spine and gwet the most terrible painsin my hip joints and bones down to my feet! At times it is not severe but in the last few months is getting worse! They removed l4 and 5 but left the veryy bottom disc which is herniated out the back of my spine! I also have very bad pains in my neck and shoulder from an old rotator cuff operation! I am on strong pain relief but nearly a year after surgery I am still in the sitch that some days I can barely walk either through it find that some days I can barely walk due to pain in my lower spine which feels like I have a screwdriver tabbed in me and or the deep bone pain in mostly my left hip joint and all the way down the bones in my legs and feet! I am waiting for an appointment at pain clinic but worry about my future and my physical abilities as I am only 45 and worked on drilling rigs in the cold North sea for 11 years on the drillfloor in the 80's to the 90's and I know a work related injury started this off and I also have bad pain in several fingers and neck just right of the centre of my shoulder blades! The scar feels like its tugging all the time and I cant work which makes me very depressed! Have any of you got the same root problem and symptoms as me?? At the moment I feel like a deep cramp in my hip and left leg which at times has me in tears! Any feedback would be much appreciated! Should they have removed my bottom disc also as I said post op mri shows it sticking out back and minimal black lines between L4 and L5 with variating pain at bottom of scar ranging from quite sore to off the chart! Please let me know if you also have this problem! Thankyou!I