Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Living with C5 Palsy

Hello all,
48 yrs old. Had ACDF C4-C6 almost 5 months ago. Woke up in recovery with no use of right arm except hand. Still no bicep or shoulder muscles at this time. My surgeons said not to bother with an EMG because it is obvious the C5 nerve is not working. Post surgery MRI shows there is still "tightness" in the foramin and that a foraminotomy is an option. I am told this option would be painful, carries its own risks and does not guarantee any results.

I have thankfully been able to go back to my job but it is quite physical work and I am always in pain. Just as before the surgery the pain keeps me awake at night. I have just started to realize that I am going to be living with this for a long time if not permanently .

So my question to anyone is.. How to live with C5 Palsy? Because of my job my shoulder and elbow get quite sore so I have been thinking of getting an elbow brace that restricts hyperextension and a shoulder brace for support. Has anyone tried this? Has it helped? Any product recommendations? Any suggestions for helpful exercises or exercises to avoid? Any other suggestions?

Thank you
advertisement