Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

picking up everybody'symtoms

Just pondering about how many of u adopt other symptoms quickly after simple tasks, like grocery shopping e.t.c. Quite frequently I develop mild 2 debilitating symyoms after these excursions. Have been dealing with the joys of naudea diarrhea and vomiting realizing it is likely due to my less than stellar immune system, another party favor that goes along with the joys of chronic pain.Just nosy about how many of yall r subjected 2 the same glorious event. (Excuse the sarcasm, lack of sleep & frustration exacerbates my situation). Thanks 4 allowing the vent. Gentle Hugs from me;JoyceAnne
advertisement

Comments

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 10,065
    I am not quite sure what your thread was about?

Do you have spinal issues?
    Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • It's often frustrating that the simplest outing (even a doctors appointment) makes my pain worse for a couple of days at least. I do a lot of controlled exercises & stretches & have a pretty strong core but walking at the shops is not like walking on a treadmill or in the pool. Yes! It drives me nuts. ;-)

Last year I would of been agreeing with you on the immune system. I caught every little sniffle that my kids had & it took weeks for it to go. This year I was the lady with an iron clad immune system..only 1 cold all winter! So I don't know. I'm going in for emergency surgery to remove my gallbladder tomorrow & I'm on antibiotics because my kidneys are a mess of infection & stones too! Ugh! This has all started in the last week. I don't know how much our bodies are effected by our medications, how much is the constant stress & strain of chronic pain & what's just plain bad luck!

We just do what we have to do & soldier on. ;-)
    Osteoarthritis & DDD.
  • eg
    let me know who the surgeries went for stones and gallbladder. when you get er done i will tell you what happened to me afterwards. i will not burden you with the story before.
    good luck
    jon
    I have 4 fusions from L5-3, the latest last May '12 where they fixed my disc that broke.They went through my side this time. I take 40 mg of oxycontin 4x a day and 4 fenatyl lollipops 300 micro gms 4x a day.
  • Thank you Jon, I don't need anymore fear & stress right now. I was rushed to ER on Monday after my scan but it became one of those medical mess-ups & the surgery wasn't done. My PM has been organizing everything for me because I thought I was just having bad side effects from new meds when this started. He's been wonderful! He sacked the surgeon that ER gave me & found a new one..he actually drove to see me! I don't have any choice, just trusting I'm in good hands now & doing as I'm told. Can't wait for tomorrow! ;-)
    Osteoarthritis & DDD.
  • I have chronic pain and CFS, surprisingly though I get very few colds a year usually just 1 or 2.

I'm a bit of a germaphobe though but I think it helps a lot, I always wash hands after coming home, before eating, never touch my face without washing hands first and I sanitize my phone after I've been out in a city with it all day. I think the biggest thing is people don't realize how much they touch their face in public and that viruses can enter not only through the mouth or nose but even your eyes, so simply rubbing the cobwebs from your eyes in the morning at work can possibly get you sick.
advertisement