Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Back Pain, Tingling !! HELP PLEASE

I am 17 and have tingling in my fingers, and feet but not why whole feet just the toes at one time, maybe a random spot another time..never my whole foot/leg or hand ect.

I am having back pain and have had it for quite a time, between the shoulder blades and lower down in my thoracic region.
I have had a spinal xray and my spine was described as

''Minimal lateral curvature to the left in the thoracic region and equally minor lateral curvature to the right in the lumbar region, Alignment in the sagittal plane is normal. In both regions, the disk and vertebral body heights are maintained. There is no osseous lesion or para vertebral soft tissue thickening. There is no lumbar pars defect. The lumbar facet joints have a normal appearance"

The back pain disappeared for about a week or 2 but is slowly coming back or so I think but I did work my back at the gym for a few days and it started hurting after that.

I am so worried about cancer !!!! I have been freaking out my whole life and now, I cant stand it. I keep thinking that if there was something wrong with a disk or scoliosis then the doctor would have said that in the xray review, but nope.

Can anyone please help me and make me feel happier about it. The tingling sometimes is on my leg but it is never a whole limb ect and is most common on my foot and hand (right hand, middle finger is most common)

• I know you're worried, but I would think the odds of cancer causing your problems would be unlikely. I don't know if you've been to a neurologist, but maybe you should go to one and see what they have to say. Maybe there's some type of nerve test or something they can do. I imagine if it was cancer the x-rays would have picked up the tumor, but I'm not a doctor so I don't know that for sure. Hope that helps you some, Joe
  • Everyone , at at least one point in their lives will develop spine pain.......and for the most part, it resolves on it's own.
    If the pain continues or symptoms worsen, have your parents take you to the doctor for further evaluation.
  • Hi,
    I've had something similar for a couple of years now, but I only get the tingling in my fingers (only some of them like you)
    . I've had a couple of treatments by a physio who said it was down to stiffness in my upper back, which only provided temporary relief and a course of treatment from a chiropractor (and will never go near one again as a result). I've had a couple of MRI's due to lower back pain which have been clear.

I've been having craniosacral treatment for a few months now - it's not helped my chronic lower back pain but I have noticed a reduction in the upper back pain and now only get the tingling in my left hand rather than both, and less often.

Hope that helps.
  • Hi,

I haven't heard of craniosacral treatment before. What is it?
    2000- spinal fusion, complete spine due to scoliosis
    2012- pain began, started treatment for chronic pain
    2013- install of pain pump, procedures to address complications
    2014-blood patch, spinal fluid leak
  • crafterccrafter Posts: 29
    edited 05/28/2014 - 6:37 PM
    Hi, Take a quick look at the Wikipedia site:EDITED

In short, from a layman, by laying hands on you therapists can feel the flow of fluid through the sac that holds your brain and spine and can identify and clear blockages. Sometimes called complementary medicine and sometimes alternative medicine - it is a non-invasive therapy that suggests manipulation but not to the level of osteopaths or chiropractor - can anyone else give a more definitive answer??
    9.03 No posting material that infringes on the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of others or on the privacy or publicity rights of others.

• crafter said:
    Hi, Take a quick look at the Wikipedia site:EDITED
    I had a quick chat with a moderator about why the link was removed. As a result, I will just say, go to Wikipedia, search on craniosacral treatment and read the information there - I found it very useful.
  • I will go there and check it out.
    2000- spinal fusion, complete spine due to scoliosis
    2012- pain began, started treatment for chronic pain
    2013- install of pain pump, procedures to address complications
    2014-blood patch, spinal fluid leak