Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Chronic pain after cervical spine surgery-duplicate thread

Josocool1JJosocool1 Posts: 2
edited 05/29/2014 - 6:13 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
I am new to this type of messaging and have been reluctant to make public my problems. However, as I was searching the Internet to find answers, I found a specific post on this site that made me feel normal again for the first time in almost 20 years!
The post was left by Jim863 and I wish to thank him.

After 2 failed cervical fusions and a number of doctors not seeing a fractured vertebra for almost 9 years after the 1st procedure, I will just say to everyone searching for relief from chronic pain long after cervical spine surgery that I pray to God the day will come when doctors put their patients intelligence and visible agony in perspective before making irrational statements about phantom pain and other idiotic claims.

I gave up trying all pain medications nearly 4 years ago because they didn't help at all. I had a number of nerve blocks that didn't help either! Today I am still living in agony and get by with as little as 2 hours sleep a night until I reach such a sleep deficit that I literally pass out. I was at one time a well known and respected jeweler in South Florida. I've kept all my tools hoping and praying that I would go back to work some day but, I now have to resign myself to the fact that I have to let go of the past and move on because "it aint gonna happen!". I owe that thanks to all my doctors who milked me dry and tried their hardest to make me believe it was all in my head.

Joe G