Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hi everyone

Hi everyone! My name is Emily. I guess I just wanted to join a forum where people can understand what it's like to live with chronic pain. I've been experiencing severe neck pain for a couple of years. I always thought it was a pulled muscle or I was sleeping wrong. When the pain began to radiate into my shoulder blades and I became unable to put my arms back to pull my hair up into a pony tail I decided I needed to see a doctor as this surely wasn't normal. I worried more about the fact that my dad and my paternal grandma both have rheumatoid arthritis, and I was afraid I might as well. Well I had a blood test done and I am negative for the rheumatoid factor, and I also had an MRI. The MRI showed that I have a bulging disc between C3-4, and a ruptured disc between C6-7, and as a result I have severe spinal stenosis. Luckily there isn't any nerve damage though. I don't want surgery, but I'm so tired of living in pain. I currently take ibuprofen, no pain meds as I hate the way they make me feel. I have a steroid pack for methylprednisolone, and I'm thinking about starting it. Has this steroid helped any of you? I'm scared to take it, but if it will make me feel better for a while I'm thinking it's going to be worth it. Just wanted some opinions. Thanks! :)