Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

3 Months of Weakness and Tingling

I was just wondering if anyone else had this and how they handled a similar situation. I know everyone is different and what works for one may not work for all.

About 3 months ago I had another flare up of pain radiating down my right leg (have a 1.2cm herniation at l5-S1 on the right side). I had to get 2 nerve block injections two weeks apart to return back to work. They helped to get me out of the episode but now I still have some weakness in my right foot. I can't stand on my heel (not completely dead but if I put all my weight on my heel my foot will drop) and every time I stand still I get tingling on top of my foot and slowly going up my leg towards my knee.

Obviously the nerve is still compressed but I am getting concerned that it is taking this long to feel better. I had this happen in the past and it completely went away on the left leg, this time it is taking too long. Has anyone had this? What helps? I have been using my inversion table, using ice and seeing my chiro to maintain but it is not getting me back to before the flare up.