Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Need advice... Excruciating neck pain...

I've had neck and back problems for awhile now. Recently its gotten alot worse. I had a repeat MRI in February that showed the folllowing:

C4-5 Dehydrated bulging disc is seen with 4mm central disc extrusion with moderate canal stenosis and indentation of the ventral cord.

C5-6 bulging disc is seen with 3mm central disc protrusion with mild canal stenosis.

C6-7 bulging disc is seen with 2mm left paracentral disc protrusion with mild foraminal stenosis on the left.

I have seen a neurosurgeon and he suggested surgery and I agree. I'm only 31 and would like to try to somewhat get back to daily activities. But our insurance requires a $2000 deductible which is all we make a month so I have to save up money for the surgery.

We moved to a cheaper house to help with saving up money, but with this came the task of lifting to move which I'm not supposed to be doing. But seeing as its just me and my husband and our kids I didn't have a choice. Yesterday I had to move and lift a lot of stuff and was in pain last night but dealt with it. About 7:30 this morning I went to roll over in bed and heard/felt like a pop/snap and instant excruciating pain from my neck down into my right shoulder and arm. And now can't hardly turn or move my neck without a lot of pain. I'm not sure if I should go have this checked out and wanted to see if anyone else experienced anything like this. This is the worst pain I've had so far.

Thanks for any input!

• If you are experiencing worsening symptoms and increased pain, I would contact your surgeon, tell him what you were doing, and that you are having new symptoms.
  • sandi said:
    If you are experiencing worsening symptoms and increased pain, I would contact your surgeon, tell him what you were doing, and that you are having new symptoms.
    Unfortunately my neurosurgeon is 2 1/2 hours away so im not sure there is much he can do. I did call my regular drs office and they said they can't get me in till tuesday but that if it gets worse to go to the E.R.