Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Weakness in foot - treatment options?

In 2011 after my left foot began feeling weak and clumsy, I realized that I have old disc herniation (probably since 2008). I visited some doctors at that time - they told me that I did not need surgery. I took some oral medicines, got some physio-therapy. The things slightly improved, but the problem never resolved fully.

Now I am really tired with this situation and I wonder what are my treatment options? I do not have a back pain or leg pain. I can walk on my heels and toes. Also I can move all my toes. But still my left foot feels clumsy and weak/heavy. It feels more difficult to do precise movements with this foot. When I walk, I often feel like I am slapping the ground with it.
Some days it feels better, some days worse. But even when it feels better, it gets tired fast. For instance if I run for 1-2 kilometers, my left foot immediately begins to feel heavy and clumsy for a long period of time.

What can I do to improve the situation?

"These are my MRI and EMG results from 2011, if interesting to someone (sorry if my translation to English is not very correct):

- L1-L2 - osteochondrosis changes with disc dehydration. Circumferential disc protrusion, engaging the neuroforamen on both sides, but more on the left. Facet hypertrophy
- L2-L3 - no changes
- L3-L4 - no changes
- L4-L5 - Facet hypertrophy
- L5-S1 - osteochondrosis changes with disc dehydration. Median disc herniation compressing the roots and the dural sac. Facet hypertrophy

Front roots changes L4-L5 on both sides. L more than R. Smaller changes also on S1. Strongly reduced number of F waves on n. peroneus on both sides. The waves on n. tibialis are with longer latencies on both sides.

High AP from m. tibialis ant. in left and m.ext.digitorum brevis in left. The recordings from the first are interferating and the recordings from the second are middle. Sensitivity of the legs is normal.
There is no denervation in the examined muscles.

Thanks in advance