Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Post op L4L5

So on February 11 of this year I went in to get my back fixed, it has been broke since 2006 but was not discovered until 2012, my L4 has was also fractured due to the incident, anyways I was in the hospital for a week when he told me it was going to be a day, they could not get my pain under control after the surgery so it was either be in pain in the hospital or be in the extreme pain I am in at home,I am 4 months post op and I just went from the walker to using a Cain because I still cannot hold myself up. I have had very odd symptoms since my surgery, I have developed vestal vegan,( can't take hot showers or be in to hot of weather or i start puking, and it comes right away no warning or anything, I am in more pain then I have been the only saving grace is i use and have a medicinal marijana card. But that takes it down a little, I also use 200mcg fent patch as oxycodone and hydromorphone do not work on me anymore, I know if I forget to change my patches the pain is so bad I cannot even get up, also my temp went from resting at 97.5 usually to 100.6 and that's taking my temp every day, I still have the nerve pain and pain in the same area as before the surgery but they are worse, the only excuse the doctor has given me is that every person is different and everyone heals differently, I'm 28 years old and most information i have found about people my age is that most feel great by week 6, iv been pouring over the internet and examining X-rays of different fusions and have noticed what might be a halo around my screws there is a very prominent black line around most of my top screw but not around the head of the screw, I am trying hard to hang on but last night a new symptom hit me hard, it was like i was sick with the flu and sever headings with pain all over my body and numbness in places I have not had it before.
Site will not allow me to post my X-ray so yah, anyways thanks for what help that can be offered, and I hope everyone has a speedy and safe recovery from their surgery.

Thank you