Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Lumbar spinal fusions in Atlanta

JmindJJmind Posts: 12
edited 06/03/2014 - 3:24 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I have spondylolisthesis and was recommended spinal fusion of S1-L4 by a neurosurgeon. I am currently seeking second opinions and doing research on who will be the best surgeon with sufficient experience in lower back spinal fusion. For those of you who had spinal fusion in atlanta please pm me the physician that performed surgery on you. Also please let me know the success of your surgery. I'm not asking you to recommend me a physician but rather report your own experience. I understand physicians can't be named on posts so please pm me! This will mean a lot to me and be quite invaluable. My quality of life depends on the next decisions I make and I'm asking for your valuable experience.

The last thing I want to do is choose the wrong surgeon and pay for it for the rest of my life. I've been dealing with chronic pain since a kid and I can't imagine having to live the rest of my life with more pain because of a wrong decision. Once again I'm not asking for recommendation just a report. One of my biggest worries is getting permanent nerve damage from surgery. So please report your state of pain post surgery and operating physician. This will help me gauge experience levels. If you have any other valuable information please do share.

For those who are also making decisions on choosing physicians, I found valuable research that can help your decision making. On this article you will find a link to "download spreadsheet". It is a nationwide list of physicians who performed spinal fusion and it even states the number of fusions they performed. Please spread this information out. We need to look out for each other!

5.10 You agree not to post specific physician names or health care facilities names on Spine-Health.com.

• ADRJenAADRJen Posts: 211
    edited 06/03/2014 - 1:58 AM
    That is a fantastic database in the above post. You should post it as it's own topic to make sure it's seen by more people.
    Artificial disc at L5S1 for 10 years. Had 3 Level lumbar fusion and Laminectomy on Sept 27, 2013. It was an OLIF (Oblique Lumbar Interbody Fusion) with cages, BMP, rods & screws. Norco, Plaquenil
  • Ron took care of that when it was first released.
  • Hi moderaters,

I am curious why the link to the article was removed? There was no mention of a physicians name on this thread itself. Also the article is helpful for those weighing their options for surgery. I want to better understand the rules. Thanks
  • sandisandi Posts: 6,342
    edited 06/06/2014 - 5:59 PM
    because it didn't meet the criteria for outside resources. We have the link to the article posted in Announcements, where it has been since it was written. Articles like that must be submitted to the moderation team for approval before posting, in part to avoid duplications of previously submitted articles.

9.01 No posting links to advertisements or as solicitations of business.
    9.02 No posting links which are not relevant to the applicable forum topic.
    9.03 No posting material that infringes on the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of others or on the privacy or publicity rights of others.
    9.04 Any outside content or material directly quoted must include a reference to the location the source from which it came.
    The moderator team reserves the right to edit any post