Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New and Freaked Out

Hi, I am a 42 year old female - have about a 9 year history of back pain - in 2007 I had 2 disc ruptures that resulted in discectomy - however, was back at work in 10 days and felt great for the last 4 years, then woke up one morning with horrible pain - worse than anything I've ever felt - after lots of drugs, xrays and and an MRI - I was diagnosed with DDD and have something pressing on my nerves causing horrible sciatica. It hurts to stand, to sit, even to lay down sometimes. The NS says my only options are surgery or live with it. So, I have opted for surgery and am scheduled for ALIF June 25th. Just looking for some advice on how to prepare, the best way to recover and where? I live 3 hours from hospital where surgery will happen and have the option of staying with my folks who live about 20 minutes from the hospital - just wondering if it will be ok for me to come home after discharge or if I should let Mommy take care of me, LOL!!