Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

pain after 2 L4/L5 surgeries

I've had two microdiscectomies on my L4/L5, the first when I was 16 and the second a year ago, at 23. After three months after the second surgery I resumed my normal active lifestyle, only to have the pain return last week (1 year 5 months after second surgery). I have started biking a lot and my back felt tired, but then I got the stomach flu and the vomiting pulled something in my back. It's the same pain i've had both times I was told I needed surgery, leading me to believe I've re-ruptured the disc. The biggest problem for me is that I'm currently living in Chile, although I think I would not consider surgery again in the US either, after going through that experience twice only to have it re-rupture. I also worry about a fusion because i'm young. So I need solutions on how to deal with the pain. It radiates down my left leg, starting in my left butt cheek. They have physical therapy, pilates, yoga, etc here. I could also try to get an inversion table or see if a pilates studio has one. In the past, I used surgery as my solution as this pain, but it's clear I need to find a way to somehow live an enjoyable comfortable life with this problem. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!