Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

cervical foraminotomy success story

hello all, there are so many failure stories on here... so here is a good one.

I have a badly protruded C6/7 disc causing foraminal stenosis. Im 37 and its been with me for 6 years after a skiiing injury.

after 4-5 bad flare ups, extreme pain.... I was on my back for 3 weeks after the recent one and took the plunge. had the posterior foraminotomy surgery a month ago.

for the 7 days post surgery it still hurt and I was worried... then slowly it started feeling better. then one morning 10 days later it was almost gone. now 4 weeks later its like nothing ever was wrong.

REMEMBER THAT YOUR MILEAGE MAY VARY... just because mine worked, doesnt mean yours will too.

I hope this gives people some hope. my surgeon said to me prior "I would estimate a 70% chance of complete relief of or significant reduction in your pain. 25% chance of mild or no improvement and 5% of making it worse."

so far so good. I thank god to be frank.

PM me if you have questions.



Sign In or Register to comment.