Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Left sided upper back pain for nine months

Hi everyone! I need to see if anyone has had a similar pain to mine ... I am 29 years old, female active..I noticed I started having this "deep" upper back pain on the left side after my husband and I moved in September. It is never crazy severe..it is right next to the spine, between the shoulder blade. It sometimes felt tight and tingly. I saw my GP for it ..she said it was a muscle spasm.. as it sometimes comes on with anxiety or randomly at night and told me to just get some PT if it kept bugging me. Well because it comes and goes, there's some days i don't feel it so I try not to focus on it too much.

I notice I can't feel it as much if I don't lay on my back or the left side..so basically if I lay on my right side. Well lately because it hasn't been bugging me, I've been sleeping however I want and last night it woke me up at 4am... It's the weirdest feeling. It almost feels like heartburn in my back if you can imagine that...like comes in waves and is "deep" doesn't feel muscular. I notice that used to happen occasionally when i'd wake up in the morning and just lay there for a little while flat. Additionally, my chest has been a little achey too, on the same side...this has been a new symptom for just the last two days so I don't know if there's a correlation or if it has to do with any of my workouts.

My husband has rubbed my back a little and I've noticed if he touches my upper spine it feels sensitive..I don't know if that's normal or not. Almost painful when he's rubbed just a little.

Does anyone have any advice as to what this is? I'm a little bit of a hypochondriac and always think about the worst case..which I'm trying hard not to. Could this be GERD? Has anyone felt this weird ache before?

Any advice is appreciated.. I try to stay away from X-rays but if that's what it takes to figure it out, i'll do it. Thanks all.