Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

All the Pieces

Sometimes i think that we are all made up of all these pieces. and that they all fit..and then sometimes they stop.
We have these ideas of who and what we are, how we do things and why they should be done a certain way. and then they cant.

it creature of habit we become, when the process is more important than the product.
its more important to look... than to be as we are/

sometimes, one of our pieces break and hang as vestigial pieces of our psychological past, useless and important at the same time, a toy of the mind , reluctant to be let go, because at one time it was important, to the identity and to self worth,
and is all a lie, a toxic and malignant farce that we live in every day, with no exit stage left , so we choose to keep living the lie because it is comfortable, or convenient,or just too much to bear if the truth is self revealed.

facing this moment, this rubicon of existential angst, we can do this, Break off the pieces that dont work, wont fit and cant be brought back.
you cant have it all, so why carry that burden?
let go of the pieces, there is a lighter stronger person just right there, under the dross of the foundry of your life
become who you are becoming, find the strength to knock off all this extra weight, let us see who you are becoming.

The Beast will always be with us, but why give the pain extra help in our very own downfall?
you dont have to fall

the cages we make are built by the hands of the mind, what we want to be, we become.
so if you choose to be ruled and dominated by the pain, so be it
but letting pain become a part of your life, embracing it and accepting it, lessens the impact of it.

We live pain
we are in..pain
we are not slaves to pain

break of those pieces that cause the idea of pain to be bigger than it is
even the wounded Bird flies
William Garza
Spine-Health Mod

Welcome to Spine-Health

• Thank you Ranchhand.
    Your words speak of such wonderful freedom.
    DDD. Married,Mum of 2, Age 45: 2007 & 2008 L5/S1 Discectomy
    April 2013 L5/S1 Anterior Fusion
    & L4/L5 Artificial Disc Replacement
  • William GarzaWilliam Garza TexasPosts: 2,390
    edited 06/06/2014 - 8:56 PM
    my pieces are falling off, but didnt know i had so many!
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod

Welcome to Spine-Health

• Thank you! I'm having trouble looking after all my pieces emotional & physical at the moment. I thought that I knew everything that chronic pain was going to throw at me. Arthritis has been playing its cruel games with my joints & spine for a long time now. All of a sudden my other pieces are letting me down. The surgeon took the dead & decaying bits & tossed them in the trash but I feel like pieces of my spirit are headed for the same destination. I lay here feeling oh so small & terribly scared. Your beautiful words warm me as always.
    Osteoarthritis & DDD.
  • The wonderful bits left are strong and lively, and thats the problem, fighting against the parts that cant or wont fix themselves.
    so give them the attention. take care of them and the rest will follow i think.
    I'de Hug the hurts away if i could, ide give us all a big hug and say its gonna be ok, and even for a moment if we could believe it so, itd be worth it.

Whats left is beautiful, true humanity stripped of all pretense and facade, beautiful and whole to the world. You are not yet who you are going to be, you are becoming, that folded flower waiting on the sun, turn your face toward the light and wait with hope and patience. this is only the darkness between the lights.
    the cold shards of broken self cut and cut until the soul is bled dry, its a death by the self inflicted wounds that kill us every day.
    whats left of hope when it dies is bitter cold and no comfort
    so your job today is to protect the little fire in the hearth of hope
    you can and will fight towards the day
    finding the reason is never easy when hope has died time and again
    its also not a one woman job
    dig in and find the true self, the wonderfully and fearfully made woman who overcomes the mountains..one at a time

you may feel small
    but your light shines like a beacon in the night to the sailors lost in the darkness
    you just dont see it right now, but your words and actions carry like ripples into the world

You one time made a difference in the world
    in time you will make a difference in the world again
    to the best of us are given the greatest tests
    only because they are the best will they pass, and be a lesson for the rest

we will always have tests
    we not pass them all

but we will..

William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod

Welcome to Spine-Health

• EnglishGirlEEnglishGirl Posts: 1,825
    edited 06/09/2014 - 3:38 AM