Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

SCS Trail Questions

Amy129AAmy129 Posts: 1
edited 06/07/2014 - 5:05 PM in Spinal Cord Stimulation
Hey everyone,

Im 26 years old and when I was 14 I broke my back in gymnastics. Long story short, I have tried anything and everything to fix it. I have had to spinal fusions and those didnt work. I went to a new doctor and we tried S.I joints and a few other things. He then told me about this SCS surgery so I decided to try it. The good thing about this surgery is that you can do a trial for a week.

I recieved my trial on Monday and Im still having alot of pain from the actual procedure. Its the 5th day of the trial and Im wondering if anyone else has had this trial and what their experiance was with it.

My doctor put two leads in and the lead on my right side is working well and I can fell the tingling but the lead on the left side seems to be in the wrong place. When i was having the procedure I was awake and it was very painful. We are gonna talk to my dr about the monday and ask why he didnt put me to sleep. But during the procedure as they were putting the leads in and moving them around it gave me an awful sharp pain and when I move or sit a certain way I keep getting that same pain.

Basically if you have had the trial I want to know how to went for you? Were you having the procedure pain during the whole trial? If it worked for you were you 100% sure? Also when you had the trial taken out, what does that entail? Does it hurt? Thanks for your help!
Amy Matchett