Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Arm sometimes paralyzed

A few months ago, I fell and hurt my back and was experiencing tingling in my arms/hands afterward. I was told the tingling was just due to swelling, but then it kept getting worse and worse.

Now, sometimes I'll move my neck wrong and my right arm will "go out." I'm talking about full paralysis of my arm, my hand locks up into a claw shape, 10/10 pain like a thousand burning needles, lasting for an hour (until the Vicodin can kick in). It's happened 3 times in the last 10 days. Is this... normal? Is it causing permanent damage? I feel like my doctor wasn't really as concerned about that as I would expect.

They recently started me on Neurontin and Meloxicam but they're not doing much yet, and I'm running out of Vicodin even though I only use it when my arm completely "goes out." My doctor ordered an MRI of my neck, but I've been getting the runaround from the scheduling people and have to keep leaving messages and dealing with red tape, so it's taking a long time to get in there.

I'm really anxious about what will happen when I run out of pain medicine. I'm already missing a lot of work and just constantly exhausted from hurting all the tine.