Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

favorite post op from microdiscectomy l5 s1 severe disc herniation and pinched sciatic nerve informa

bongo8529bbongo8529 Posts: 1
edited 06/08/2014 - 6:37 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
my name is Joe 29 year old male about 5 weeks ago I had a microdiscectomy and they also repaired formal stenosis on my lower back before surgery I could not move out of bed the pain so severe it felt like burning and razor knives running down my legs constantly and multiple MRI's done and then after seeing them doctor right away immediately recommended surgery but I was afraid to do it about 2 months after I seen my MRI results the pain got really bad to the point I could not walk anymore I also had tingling and numbness from tailbone all way down to both sides of my feet and then does I couldn't even feel part of what your man should be able to feel it was very scary after that got bad I called my doctor well my neurosurgeon got an appointment and he said the only way I could ever correct it was have surgery he set me up for about 5 days and then I was going to have the surgery it was very scary after doing all the research on the microdiscectomy but I push through and I tufted up and I went ahead and went to the surgery a lot of people are afraid I'm having surgery thinking that it's going to get make you worse but for me dealing with the pain I did for 5 years after waking up from anesthesia I felt no pain whatsoever even after the anaesthetic wore off I had no more pain in my legs I had no more numbness I could feel every aspect of my body but shortly after that experience what they call a foot drop but it slowly getting a lot better I can now drive a car I can set up I can actually watch with zero pain anybody that's thinking about going to the surgery its very scary to go through it I'm not gonna lie but pushing yourself only makes things worse don't let it get to the point where I got it because it makes your life a living hell and said I'm 5 weeks post op right now I'm still a little stiff any other little bit of pain in my back but I would not change having surgery for the world my doctor was very brilliant he knew exactly what he was doing that's one thing I would say research your doctor because there are some really weird ones out there but if you live in Michigan especially in Berrien County you need to look up EDIT he is the most brilliant Nero surgeon I've ever seen in this state he is a bit hard to get an appointment with because he performed his back surgery daily but he's completely brilliant for him to take away the pain that I had for 5 years I will take a a stiff back in a minor pain I'm going through right now over anything my recommendation if you're going to get the surgery get it done I would rather have the scars on my back then never be able to walk again do not ever push yourself it hurts stop rest do not push yourself I did for almost 5 years and it got to the point now where I honestly my right leg is still a little numb from the foot drop but I rather have the numbness then the pain that was shooting down the leg 5 weeks ago feel free to message me on here I'll be checking it daily it also helps task question you have any questions please ask I will keep everybody posted on my recovery it's still a long road ahead but everyday is getting better and better thank you for taking your time you read this Joseph

Post edited to remove name of specific surgeon. by Liz The Spine-Health Moderator Team
Joseph
advertisement