Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Nucynta Anyone??

joann.reanjjoann.rean Posts: 111
edited 06/09/2014 - 7:13 AM in Pain Medications
I am interested in knowing if anyone out there has or does use Nucynta for PM. I have had a hard time with Percocet and Oxy due to GI issues. I have also used Stadol at times which is great since it is a nasal spray and bypasses the GI altogether. But that is hard to get.Nucynta seems to work best for me with minimal side effects.

Thanks for your input,

Surgery #30 - ACDF 3 Level 5/28/14

ACDF 3 Level 5/28/2014
PLIF L4/L5/S1 4/2013

• I agree...nucynta works great for my pain in general ( I have squished nerves bilaterally at several cervical levels resulting in arm and shoulder pain, as well as pain left over from a 5 level laminoplasty C3-C7.) The only pain that it can't seem to touch is spasms near my left shoulder blade that pop up at the end of long work days, but none of the other pain meds worked in that spot either. Few side effects and minimal "loopiness", too. It can be hard to find at pharmacies, but my CVS stocks it for me now.
  • i am on nucynta er 150mg, it has helped me very much, i also take gabapentin, and celebrex. i have a herniated l5,s1, and bulging l4,l5, as of my last mri about 2 1/2 years ago. i also do stretches daily, and drink plenty of water, and sleep with a pillow under my knees, when on my back, or in between my legs, when on my side. my mother is getting a fusion in August, she had surgery about 30 years ago, i think like a discectomy, and was fine up until about 1 1/2 years ago, her pain is awful. her surgeon said she would be able to drive in a week, what a bunch of bologne.
  • Thanks for your input. I agree it is difficult to find. One hospital I was in never heard of it and tried to give me something I am allergic to ! Now my CVS keeps it in stock so it is available when I need it.I loved my Mom & Pop Pharmacy but it would take them weeks, not days, to get it so I had to drop them. I take it along with gabapentin and celebrex as well.

Thanks again,

ACDF 3 Level 5/28/2014
    PLIF L4/L5/S1 4/2013