Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

prolapsed disc

Lynn ClarkLLynn Clark Posts: 1
edited 06/10/2014 - 6:57 AM in Lower Back Pain
Need some help, 1995 my doctor sent me for an MRI because lower back pain after an accident out horse riding.
Result was prolapsed disc.
I was basically left to get on with it over the years.
Just over a year ago my GP sent me on one of these Gym trails for free, I went and the first the gym put me on was just using one of their bikes.
After about 10 minuets to change to something else I couldn't get up, my legs were numb.
After a while the life came back and was OK but I told the gym manager and he told me to see my doctor before I could come back again.
I saw my GP which is a different one from 1995 and she sent me for another MRI on my lower back.
Result 3 prolapsed discs! With 1 of them being at 50% gone, another at lost 20% and the last has lost 15%.
I am in severe pain some times I can't walk for the amount of pain going down my legs.
I saw someone else had asked this question will they go back to normal after a few months and a couple of years!
Mine after 19 years has not! If anything it has got worse!
Matters are made worse as late from having both knees operated on removing part of my meniscus. It has left my knees unstable and have fallen over a few times on my back!
My question is, Will they grow back, get better seeming they haven't in the last 19 years!?
Because again I have been left to get on with it!

Many thanks

Just remembered this and forgot to add it, I also have a cyst on the spinal cord at the base.