Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

MY name is Andrew and I'm 30 with multiple herniated disks in my lower back. I currently take Ibprophen 800mg 3 times a day, flexeral 10mg twice a day, oxycodone hydrocloride 10mg/325mg 3 times a day, lidocaine 5% patches 3 patches for 12 hours on and 12 hours off. I apologize if I misspelled anything. I have had 2 spinal injections that did not work, therapy that made it worse, and I'm losing hope if anything can help. I was injured at work by slipping on a pipe while caring a box. I found this forum to seek advice from others who have had similar symptoms or professionals who can help. I have been out of work for 6 months, tried to suck it up and tried to go back half days, but it didn't last long due to pain. I hate being home and helpless. I hope I can get some helpful words of encouragement from others on this forum, and get relief from my doctor. The medicine I take is only a temporary mask of some of the pain and I don't want to take it anymore, but it's the only thing that helps. I have a follow up appointment tomorrow and a second MRI in a couple weeks for comparison to the first MRI I received. The doctors wants to try a different type of injection after he reviews the MRI. I have no prior medical issues, I was a smoker and quit recently to help recover and improve my health and life. All I want is to get better and return to work.
I look forward to speaking with others on this forum.

Andrew Falcha