Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Lower lumbar Laminectomy post op failure treatment

I've been dealing with chronic pain from a lower lumbar laminectomy for over a year now. I hade surgery 9/11/12 and it was one of the worse experiences of my life. Not only did I wake up in the most pain I have ever been in (and I have been through 8 hour open heart and reconstruction surgery, hernia surgery, tonsillectomy, cervical fusion of two vertebrates, and several injection shots and spinal tap) I also woke up with and still have a numb out high ankle that extends all the way down to my toe on top and outer. It goes from bad to worse in the winter causing me severe pain that radiates to my hip in both sides, down my leg into my knees, ankle and feet.
I have always been an active person, spending my free time traveling, playing sports, guitar and being a handy man around the house. All of those things are nearly impossible to enjoy anymore. Everything I do seems like an impossible feet and laying down is the only position I can get any relief. I spend most of the time I have laying in bed with my ipad or watching TV. I have fought with it for well over a year and now have depression due to my condition. I have been to doctor after docter seeking something other than pain medication which only gives me mild relief.
Every doctor says the same thing. They don't see anything on the MRI that looks like it can me surgically fixed. It's frustrating to me because I want my life back. I have lost my Fiancé of 8 years, my kids, house and now savings and still have bills coming in that I don't even know,how are gonna get paid.
On top of this, I had cervical fusion on my C5-C6 and C6-C7 vertebrates only to find,out 10 months after the same doctor that did my back surgery kept ignoring my pain and just putting me off of work, that my C6-C7 didn't fuse. Not only did he call out to my job and tell them they prob can't use me with my restrictions, that he didn't think I wanted to work. Then just weeks after he did that, he did a myelogram on my neck (while I was off work for my back and already knew my neck wasn't fused) and found that not only was my fusion failed, but he thinks my bottom screws are loose. He offered me surgery (that I couldn't opt for because he already used the time allotment needed for my neck and my insurance was gonna drop me when they found out he was looking at my neck again.
I don't know what to do. I've been told by all my family that I should pursue a law suit against my Doctor but haven't been able to find one to take my case. Also, if someone can relate with my injuries and pain, and have had any success and would like to,share their treatment, I'd be grateful. Thanks
Derek w shaw