Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hello! Been lurking thought it was finally time to join!

I've been lurking for a few months I have some back issues and feel like I can't find the right help. Looking for ideas and or thoughts, thanks in advance.

Had years of low back pain. Was seeing a Chiro for years 3x a weeek. Did 6 rounds of steroid shots and years of physical therapy, had some luck with Chiro but nothing else. Finally Dec of 13 went to an Orthopedic Surgeon found out my L4/L5 disc was herniated and pushing on nerves to the point of caude equinea syndrome. So had a disckectomy, that failed it reherniated second disckectomy down 3 weeks later. That failed had a third discketomy a week later then that failed. Late February of 14 I was passed to a neurosurgeon and had a fusion at L4/L5. Went well I thought started having more pain so had a 5th surgery mid april. They had to revise a screw and cut out a lot of scar tissue that incased a large infection. NS said he had never seen scar tissue like this in all of his years nor the infection inside of it.

So having more issues now with bladder again, major pain, falling down daily do to weakness. Went to ER was told I have more scare tissue than last time and have a pool of fluid again, however I was just told that it is normal and discharged from hospital! The PA in the ER told me my NS doesn't know what to do so I should go to my primary doc and ask him.

So thats my story, I live in MN and I am looking for some help on what I should do next and if anyone knows of a great doctor in MN. This is all from DJD and I am currently 30 years old.

Thanks for reading and any advice