Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Relief after 1 year of hell... Something unexpected

It has been one year since my sciatica symptoms started due to disc herniation L5S1.
In the course of one year I have had to be on pain medication, six steroid injections, steroids (orally), and two micro discectomies.

I had a spinal fusion schedules on June 6 2014 but two days before surgery, I found out my insurance denied the surgery. I had no where to turn and decided to go to a chiropractor yesterday.

Today June 13 2014 I wake up at 6am and I have no pain what so ever! First time I felt that was back in February when my steroid injection worked but after that my injections stopped working.

At the chiro the doctor pushed on my lower back and asked if I was in pain. I said no and he thought it was odd I was not in pain along with my leg (non of my orthopedic surgeons ever pushed on my lower back). That's when he pushed on my buttocks and said I have stiff muscles probably bc I haven't used it all year. All I could think was it can't be a muscle issue since I've had three orthopedic surgeons tell me I need spinal fusion for my disc reherniating over and over again.

I went back in later that day and had my muscles stretched to the point when I got up I got light headed just like u would after a deep tissue massage. Now I'm up the next morning and I feel no pain.

I don't know what to think anymore, all my tears and pain over the course of a year could have been bc of muscles being too right. The cancellation of the spinal fusion went from
the worse day of my life to being the best!
28 years old with L5 S1 disc herniation. One session of steroid epidural shot and finally had surgery to relieve sciatica pain radiating down left leg on 9/11/13. I had a reherniation same level and had a second discectomy on 10/23/13.