Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Neck tightness, degenerated disc

I was having some neck pain with headaches and numbness up the back of my head . I went to a highly recommended Chiropractor and they took Xrays. I have a degenerative disc (think it is C6/C7) and they think it was from a car accident that I was in 25 years ago since there is no other sign of degenration anywhere on my spine. I have never had any neck issues other than some stiff necks here and there from sleeping wrong. They usually lasted about 3 days if not less. I have now had this pain for 4 weeks - immediately after my first adjustment the headaches and numbness went away. I am going twice a week now for the next few weeks and then they said once a month will be fine. THe only pain I am having now is very tight muscles along my upper back/shoulder area. THe Chiropractor is trying to assure me that this will start going away over the next few weeks - I am just so worried that I am going to have to deal with this forever. I have an appointment with a Orthopedic doctor next week just to get a second opinion. I am feeling MUCH better just after 4 or 5 adjustments - mostly just concerned that this tightness will not go away. I am 46 years old and not ready to have all these issues yet!