Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Young Newbie With Questions About Finance Solutions

Suzymack11SSuzymack11 Posts: 7
edited 06/14/2014 - 7:36 AM in Health Insurance Issues
I am a 24 year old girl recently diagnosed with a hernaited l5, with one shriveled calf, and searing pain all down my left leg, and with complete numbness on my left butt cheek. We are not quite sure what caused it I'm thinking a car crash from a number of years ago.
I have a physically demanding job at a garden center, and I work for the most wonderful family, and have invested interest in its success. Technically, I didnt injure myself at work, although since it has started to flare up, and I refused to stop working, things compounded, and now I am pretty much tied to the couch. They let me put hours in on my own time when I feel up to it, but I can't put nearly enough time in to pay even the few bills I have.

I am finding myself looking for small ways to make money, doing easy jobs for friends, etc. I was wondering if there are more options for me? I have an appointment with EDIT, a neurosurgeon in Hartford in a few days. My chiropractor is thinking they will want to do surgery ASAP. But while I wait for and recover from the surgery I am in pain, and without work. (Not to mention my doctor so kindly refuses to manage my pain with any pain killers that work. I'm taking six aleve a day, and the only doc that has even showed a shred of empathy is my chiropractor.)

Is there something workers comp could do for me? Has anyone found some clever ways to make money from the couch? I refuse to go to work and waste my coworkers time, slow people down, and ask people to do things for me, and I'm almost uncomfortable asking them for some kind of paid leave.

Any tips would help. I'm happy to be on the path to recovery, I have been in severe pain for months, and I'm losing muscle in my left leg, as well as reflex responses. I'm staying positive and trying to do what my chiropractor says, (which is absolutely no working at all.) but this one issue of my finances makes it harder everyday.

Very grateful, this site has given me so much information that my primary care doc and PT haven't taken the time to explain, while they rush me out the door and avoid answering my questions fully. My chiropractor is a wonderful doctor, he listens to me, and he explains everything, sent me for my MRI, returns all my phone calls when I'm anxious and have a trillion questions. Meanwhile my PT seemed to be grasping at straws and testing me on a different machine every visit.

Thank you

Post edited to remove name of specific doctor. by Liz The Spine-Health Moderator Team