Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Headaches, still no answers

I remember my headaches becoming chronic around 7th grade; that was 5 years ago. I would get them towards the end of the day when I boarded the bus, and I specifically remember not wanting to talk to my friend on the bus as much as I did the year before because I always had a headache.

My headaches can be best described as both of my hands on top of my head (bilateral), except it's a dull, constant pain. They come on in the late morning now and last for several hours every day. Sometimes I will get a hint of pain on the side of my head too that will be sharper and will go away soon. That only came recently. Sometimes I'll also get eye pain (on both sides) and/or pressure/dull pain on my forehead too. I don't know if it's the headaches or something else, but I'm really tired all the time. I don't remember what a normal level of energy is like. My step-dad makes fun of me because I look lazy, but I rest a lot and I have a hard time getting out of bed. It's also very frustrating when doctors don't know what's wrong with me. My last doctor swore they were common migraines and prescribed Topamax. 200mg a day it really helps the headaches, so would that mean I have migraines, or does that just mean Topamax helps with pain?

Something that might get me somewhere is the fact that my upper neck is always in constant pain, regardless if I have a headache of not and no matter what position my head is in. My step-mom felt my neck and told me I had a bulged disc, but then my mom immediately told me I didn't and said she wasn't a doctor. Weird? I would like to get my neck checked out, because if a localized area on my body hurts all the time I would like to have it looked at. Yesterday my new doctor prescribed a muscle relaxer for my neck, but I don't think that's what I need... I don't know if it's a muscle problem or something else.