Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

My MRI report...dont know what to make of it?

Blaze 57BBlaze 57 Posts: 6
edited 06/18/2014 - 6:43 AM in Chronic Pain

minimal T5 and T6 dextroscoliosis

mild right posterior T2-T3 disc bulge without cord deformity

moderate sized Schmorls node within left anterior superior endplate T5

mild bilateral posterolateral T4 and T5 disc bulge without cord deformity

moderate T6 superior endplate Schmorls node.

mild ventral wedging deformity of T6'

moderate sized left anterior T5 superior endplate and T6 endplate superior endplate schmorls node.

mild ventral wedging of T6

mild disc degeneration from T7-T8 through T10-T11

mild posterior disc bulges at T7 to T8 and T9. No significant cord deformity.
100% of my pain seems to come from the T6 of T5 area. Gets to the point where I can barely walk
due to the compression especially if I step off a curb wrong. This sets up the pain scenario that least about 5 days to 2 weeks. Last Dec I could not even stand without pain or roll over in bed due to the pressure on my shoulders would radiate back down to the thoracic or T6 area of my spine. Several times I have been given a course of Prednisone seems to knock it back about 80%. I always have a constant arthritic feeling in the mid back or thoracic area. My doctor is reffering me to a neurologist. Thanks, Mike

• terror8396tterror8396 Posts: 1,832
    edited 06/18/2014 - 7:15 AM
    we are not qualified to read your mri. it is stated in the rules so the best thing to do is make an appointment with your doctor and have him read it for you. make an apppt asap and have him answer any questions that you have. i would also ask him to put up the mri and point out any problem areas and explain what is wrong and what you should do next. i would also take notes and write down questions that you have for him. these areas can only be discussed between you and your doctor and if you feel comfortable, bring a spouse or a friend with you. but watch out, some doctors dont like patients to bring spouses with them. as your dr if you can bring someone with you.
    I have 4 fusions from L5-3, the latest last May '12 where they fixed my disc that broke.They went through my side this time. I take 40 mg of oxycontin 4x a day and 4 fenatyl lollipops 300 micro gms 4x a day.
  • Thanks, Yes! I have met with my family physician and he is referring me to a neurologist. I was just curious if anyone here has had a similar report/pain?