Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New here, L4-S1 TLIF and baby at home, recovery?

FeelingStabbyFFeelingStabby Posts: 8
edited 06/19/2014 - 11:41 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I had a herniated disk in 2012, after epidural shots an PT I was able to be somewhat pain free after a year, now in January of this year, I fell on ice and sciatica returned 10x worse than ever before. Tried heat/ice and acupuncture and OTC. It was getting worse so after an MRI was referred to spinal surgeon who says I need surgery, the herniation is huge and I was also diagnosed with spinal stenosis. I'm 29 years old with a 4 year old and 7 month old baby at home, surgery is scheduled for August. I need to know realistically how much help and how long I'll need. My husband can take 2 weeks off from work but since I'm a stay at home mom, he's our only source of income. We don't have any family near that can help much.
My baby will be 9 months after the surgery so she will weigh about 20 lbs, I can have my mom fly in and help but she cannot stay long at all.
Anyone have this or a similar surgery with young children at home? How did it go?