Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Sciatica with not back pain from Herniated disc? ..So Confused

Hi Everyone!!
Very excited to be on this page and hoping for some advice as I am totally confused. So about 8 weeks ago I was deadlifing a heavy weight and left a "pop" in my back. My whole body went completely stiff and I immediately went to the hospital where the doctor stated I had a herniated disc.I have never had an X-Ray or MRI and am scheduled for a CT Spine scan in 2 weeks.

Now, for about a year before this incident I had shooting pain which went down my right leg every so often, NEVER the left It almost felt like my bone was splitting in 2 and I went to the doctor and physiotherapists who all stated they were shin splints. Fast forward to this injury. Throughout the whole past 8 weeks I have never really had much back pain at all and I still don't. However, about 4 week into the injury all of a sudden the sciatica got bilateral- tingling in my feet, and burning in my feet, especially at night and a dull ache in my left ankle. When I sit my feet (both) tingle and I get an dull stiff ache in my left ankle. When I walk by ankle gets a slight ache and eventually the outsides of my feet just burn. Now what I am confused about is how I dont get the same symptoms in both legs? I never get any pain in my left leg or angle, just almost like tingling in my feel and every so often a dull electrical shot deep in my hip when I am sleeping in my left leg. Also note, I have a muscle tear in my right hip that also causes me a bit of pain, but nothing like sciatica.

I am starting to wonder if the herniated disc is healed and the sciatica is from something else, like a sacroiliac joint issue for example. I ask the doctor but he keeps saying just wait until the test, blah, blah, blah, but I am really starting to get frustrated mentally. Just wondering if anyone else experiences anything like this, especially the different symptoms in each leg?.

Also, I was seeing a chiro for about 6 weeks however it seemed to aggravate the problem and I do see PT and get acupuncture for the sciatica but I just feel like it might be something different and wondering if anyone else experiences similar things??

Thanks for your time and I wish you all well :):)