Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Bladder Symptoms

Hi all I have been a bit of a lurkar in the background for the last few months and I now need some support please. Feeling really down now seem to have a flair up of my sciatic pain again.
About a year ago I felt a tightness in my groin with walking, that progressed to typical sciatica pain the leg. It became severe at Christmas reducing my ability to walk and drive severely. My doctor started me on anti inflammatories and pain relief, that didn't help and one day I felt the worse pain ever in my lower back and down the right leg, I was sick and pale and clammy with pain. Finally I started some nerve type drugs and had Mri scan, it showed 3 herniations though the worst was a protruded disc at L5/S1pressing on the S1 nerve. Had an epidural steroid injection with minimal improvement.

Now I can walk no more than five steps without severe pain in my leg, it initially gets worse when I lay down in bed then eases off. For the last three days the pain has been non stop day and night I took short course of diazepam no help, today the out of hours doctor visited and gave me some morphine syrup to try for breakthrough pain. I mentioned to him that I am having difficulties starting the flow of my urine since the pain increased. It is painful for me to sit down on the seat and I am afraid to push too hard but it feels like I have lost the sensation of how to start passing urine. He seemed unconcerned unless I loose control of bladder or bowels then he is not worried. I am worried though I haven't felt the desire to pass urine today but have made myself go. Has this happened to anyone else ?

I hate to moan but at home everyone is sick of me with this wretched pain, I cannot fill my role as mother and wife anymore. I can no longer sit to take a ride in the car to get out of the house. Can`t manage to get into the garden either. I am stuck . Every morning I wake in pain and wish the day away till I can go to bed....