Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hi there
I am a 38 year old married woman with a four year old son. I was in a car accident a year ago this past January.
I hurt my neck and shoulders in the accident and have been to physiotherapy and massage therapy but nothing has helped. My husband and I thought a new bed might be the answer so went ahead and got rid of our mattress for a pillow top one. Well ever since I have been so much worse, we have had it for a year now. Not only do I have shoulder and neck pain but its much worse and I have lower and upper back pain too. It's hard to get comfy and I wake hardly being able to move as my whole back, neck and shoulders hurt beyond belief! This is not how I should be at my age. I fear that if I try anything else for my pain it won't get better because its partly the mattress. I am only 110 pounds petite lady so I wonder if may be I am not getting the support I need as I don't sink into the support? We are willing to get another mattress but what you try at the store isn't what you get. Our mattress is still not as we tested at the store. Anyways I have terrible back pain and shoulder pain and need support and help in this. I am lost as to what to do next and it's so depressing to wake every morning in such pain!
Thanks for listening and any advice and help.