Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Can anyone help me with this.i dont see the dr and would like to know if anyone can help me understand what this means

Sagittal and axial images were obtained emphasizing T1 and T2

There is homogeneous marrow signal in the thoracic vertebra except
for the T8 vertebra. There are scattered small foci of fat signal
within the T8 vertebral body. There is more extensive bright signal
in the right pedicle of T8 and the posterior lamina and facets. This
also appears to be fat signal and is of uncertain etiology. This
could be due to a vertebral hemangioma although they usually do not
involve the posterior elements to this degree. The thoracic spinal
cord is normal in caliber and homogeneous in signal intensity. No
stenosis or cord impingement is seen. There is noted to be mild
degenerative disc disease with disc narrowing of the T6-T7 disc and
small endplate Schmorl's nodules. The remainder of the thoracic discs
appear well maintained in height and fluid signal with no herniation
or stenosis seen. The conus is at the L1 level.

1. Mild degenerative disc disease of the T6-T7 disc.
2. Normal appearance of the thoracic spinal cord.
3. Foci of abnormal signal in the T8 vertebra as described above. If
clinically indicated a bone scan could be helpful in further

• LizLiz Posts: 7,832
    edited 06/23/2014 - 8:54 PM
    There is nobody on the forum qualified or allowed to interpret an MRI this is something you need to discuss with your doctor

Liz, Spine-health Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • First off, don't panic........secondly, when do you return to see the doctor? He can go over the results with you and explain the findings to you. He will probably order more testing and possibly refer you to a spine surgeon for a consult, but that does not mean that you need surgery, nor that there is anything seriously wrong. It's just that spine surgeons are best equipped to evaluate and come up with a treatment plan for spine conditions......Give your doctors office a few days to get the report and contact you, and don't panic. There are lots of scary looking words in those reports, but most of them don't mean nearly anything as scary as we tend to think. They are just anatomical terms. Hang in there.
  • Sandi is right! Don't panic. If you are in pain stay cool. If you aren't dont do anything stupid til you see an expert. Meantime I think I am within the Law in suggesting you Google the words and phrases you don't understand until you build a picture of whats happened to you. Best wishes