Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Newbie But 3yrs Post OP

cattivoangelicoccattivoangelico Posts: 2
edited 06/25/2014 - 5:46 AM in Exercise and Rehab
3 yrs out but very discouraged with the progress. I've done what I should but I cannot seem to find an exercise to get this weight off that I gained while I was in an immobile brace for a year while I was recovering. I went from a size 10 to a size 16 and I'm going insane. The treadmill sets migraines into overdrive. My insurance will not pay for a weight loss surgery because Im just shy of 40 bmi. I even cut myself down to under 1500 calories a day and it did not work. I tried herbs and that did not work. So if anyone has any ideas it would be much appreciated.

• Have you tried cycling or elliptical? Swimming is another good way to burn calories. You can also do some research about the right balanced diet. There are certain foods that can help boost your metabolism. It takes time before you'll notice a change so don't give up. Even at home exercises can make a difference assuming you're cleared to do them. Yoga, Pilates, using bands for low impact strength training etc. There are options out there. I used to run all the time so I know how frustrating it can be. It takes longer with low impact exercises but eventually you'll get there. Good luck!
    Progressive DDD
    Chronic S1 Radiculopathy
    Discectomy L5-S1 2002
    Discectomy, Laminotomy/Foraminotomy L3-S1 January 2014
    Bilateral SI Joint Fusion and 2 level spinal Fusion October 2014