Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I need help !! - pain in thoracic spine - nerve pain in feet - edema - etc ??

Cant explain my frustrations ... I'm 29 years old and I thought I was healthy !!!! 6 weeks ago I had a sudden onset of left foot pain - it was pain in the top of my foot - i truly thought I had a fracture and asked my doctor to order an x-ray : which was negative . Assuming it was just a pulled tendon or ligament - i went on with regular activity .In the meantime I developed a kidney infection ( I get these often ) - i started having pretty sever back pain on the right side which I attributed to the kidney infection /uti . And then as if I wasn't already frustrated enough - my feet and ankles started having horrible edema after spending time on my feet ( I work 10 hr shifts on my feet ) - i was on antibiotics for the kidney infec - and my urine was clearing up - however my back pain was not and I woke up 2 Sundays ago with horrible back pain - and went to the ER - they did a kidney ultrasound and more blood work - all within normal limits. My doctor ordered ultrasound on legs which was normal - However my foot pain only has gotten more intense - now with numbness and tingling in my toes - primarily on the left side. - edema in left calf ankle and foot has gotten progressively worse as well . With sudden onset of spider veins showing in the the ankle as well. The pain in my spine had gotten worse - my doctor ordered xray of my spine which showed mild degenerative changes (per nurse call today ) however my doctor hasn't actually reviewed the film yet. Today I noticed urinary changes again and dipped my urine ( + bili + ketones + nitrites + leuko high SG - and lrg amount of protein) of course my L ankle is so swollen and my pain in the spine
is no better - i have numerous bruises on my legs with no explanation as to why - and I forgot to mention I have had decreased urine output for at least a month or more - urinating only twice a day most days . My doctor had prescribed me Norco for pain which doesn't even touch it anymore - xanax which just knocks me out - neurontin - elavil for sleeping. :/ ugh I'm 29 !! And 2 months ago you couldn't beg me to lay on the couch and watch a movie ! Now I come home from.work and have no choice - :/