Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Lower Back Pain L4-L5 & MRI Report -

I was rear-ended March 5, 2014 by a drunk driver doing about 30 mph as I was at a dead stop waiting on a light. I since have healed from severe whiplash in my neck and shoulders, but my lower back and hips are causing me sooo much constant pain, which is 5 x worse during my monthly cycle. I just had a MRI completed yesterday of the lumbar region and I am waiting to see my doctor on Monday. I was able to pick up the report ahead of time. I will relay to you all what the report said:

L4-L5: Loss of disc signal. Diffuse disc bulge. There is a focal high intensity zone in the posterior. Central annulus consistent with a fissure.
IMPRESSION: L4-L5: Degenerative Disc Disease & Disc Annulus Fissure.

I am concerned because I don't believe that the DDD is something that has been occurring over time, I viewed the scan and the disc stated above is a gray color and not black like true DDD shows. I'm only 35 years old and have been extremely healthy and active. I have never had a back injury in my life, nor have I had any back pain or torn muscles. I know that this area along with my hips have been injured in the accident and I'm afraid that when I go to the docs ... I will be told otherwise. I am certain that the disc became injured during the impact causing it to bulge tear and compromising it leading to dehydration. Is there anybody that can offer any advise on DDD or even Internal Disc Disruption Syndrome? Are there any treatments or should I be anticipating surgery?

I greatly thank you for your time!