Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Need advice

Ihave had chronic back pain for the last ten years due to multiple work injuries at nursing home. I have been on tramadol and Hydrocodone in the past. When laws changed and i had to find a pain management dr. I went to one who blew me off when i lost feeling in my leg and fell so i stopped going and got another referral and was immediately under suspicion cause the previous dr. fired me. I had no idea they could do that. Anyway both prescribed Hydrocodone 5-325 and were all about the spinal injections. My last MRI was in November and this April i agreed to have the shots, mostly due to the fact that he said that was the only treatment he would suggest because the medicine wasnt working. The first shot was two through the side of my spine, which did give me 3 days relief. Two weeks later he did the one straight in and as soon as the needle went in i knew something was wrong, even sedated. I told him after and every visit since. He hasnt tried any other medicine to help, just referred me to a surgeon. The surgeon sees immediately that I have a tethered cord. The surgeon calls my doctor twice, which happened once when he was talking to me coincidentally. He comes back in and says he cant do anything else for me and talked about pain pumps and spinal stimulators from yet another doctor. All during this waiting my pain has significantly increased since the second shot and now I can barely get out of bed some days. I'm not sure what to do and cant understand why the doctor gave me that shot if there was something visible on the MRI that he Im assuming didnt know exactly what it was and now will not help with any pain relief.