Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

ACDF with ROI C cage My Story

smallgamehunterssmallgamehunter Posts: 3
edited 06/28/2014 - 3:17 PM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hi all. Well I had the surgery June 11.
Spent the night in hospital. Woke up wearing just a soft collar.
Oxycodone for about 4 days then Tylenol. Showered on day 4 post surgery. Hardest part was just sleeping in an upright position. After 4 days allowed to sleep as I wanted but it was still a bit easier reclining .
2 week post surgery doc took off the steri strips, they were still on, never came off. Trimmed a couple stitches, I have resolving ones.
Now it's ok to have brace off when not in a car. Can put it on only for comfort if neck gets tired.
Still no heavy lifting over head stuff.
I am doing very slow side to side up down moving of neck.
No PT until at least 4 weeks. Will go back for X-rays at 4 weeks.
Very happy so far. My NS has been using the ROI C for my procedure for 3 years now.
Oh, I had herniated C 7 - T1 disk. He found a fairly big spur in area too.
Only pain at 2 weeks is just a bit of residual nerve pain and the radiculopothy it brings. It will take time.

More later as I get X-ray to check on Fusion.
advertisement

Comments