Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Radio frequency Ablation Today!!

Hello, I have found this site to be helpful I my journey for treatment and encouragement. Although all experiences are different with tht RAF,I wanted to share mine.

Today I had an RAF on the right side in the sacroiliac area. I had to do a bowel prep yesterday and start a liquid diet after 2pm. I arrived at the facility at 7:15 and an IV was immediately started to give me liquids. My doctor came in and explained that although I would be sedated she would need to keep me awake enough to identify the target areas. She also mentioned that she would put steroid and plenty of numbing medicine in these areas. Once in was wheeled back they put on warm blankets and everything else is a blur. I do remember her asking questions and once I answered she had the nurse administer more sedation meds so I didn't suffer.

About 40 minutes later I was in recovery. I went in with a pain level
Of 8 and currently at a 2 with the help of pain meds. I am sore but its tolerable. My doctor advised that realistically it could take 1-3 weeks or more before I see results. If all goes well the left side will be done on 8/7. I will be doing a daily progress update to share with anyone interested.
advertisement

Comments

• I woke up with a pain level of 2-3 this morning. I'm not sure if its the medicine the doctor used at the injection or not. I do have some soreness and mild twinges in my right leg which i was told is normal. I did a lot of icing after the procedure. So I will just take in easy and check back in later.
  • You sound like you are doing well so far.........continue to use the ice if the pain starts to flare and hopefully, things will continue to improve.
  • ....Sandi. I appreciate the support.
  • Today ended up being a good day. I ran a few short errands and made sure to bring a pillow for comfort. Still a pain level 2-3 with occasional twinges in the injection area. Took two pain pills to stay comfortable due to soreness. Goal for tomorrow is no meds. So far, so good :-)
  • adinachaleseaadinachalese Posts: 7
    edited 07/02/2014 - 12:41 PM
    Woke up at 5am to some pain and used some ice for relief. I also had my follow up with PCP and I'm healing nicely. I am released to go back to work on Monday and i am a little nervous because i sit for the majority of the day. I have had some twinges of pain going down my leg....not so bad but enough to make me uncomfortable. I would say it was an okay day...Pain level 3.
  • then get up and stand or walk for a few minutes, then sit again. You may find that changing your time frame for sitting is better overall for not flaring up the pain.
advertisement