Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Drop Foot Does Heal

Hi I'm new to the forum and I just wanted to put this out there just as a bit of hope because I know how scarred I was when I first realized it was drop foot and it especially freaked me out I couldn't find a single story of anyone getting better online. My foot was completely paralyzed and I could not feel anything which was followed by about 4 months of excruciating neuropathic pain. But that did get a bit better. About 2 weeks in I could wiggle my toes a slight bit. A few months later I could push down a bit. 16 months later I had enough dorsiflexion to walk without an AFO. It's certainly no picnic still, but it is possible some healing will occur so don't abandon all hope. When I feel frustrated about where I am now I try to remind myself to be thankful considering how hopeless it felt 2 years ago.

• Foot drop is one of many possible neurological symptoms associated with damage to the central nervous system. If the spinal condition, or whatever is responsible, is put right, or heals itself before permanent damage is done, then the foot drop is likely to disappear.
    I had foot drop as the result of cord impingement at t5-6. After surgery, slowly but surely, my neurological deficits went away, including the foot drop.
    Was it established what had caused your foot to drop and what happened to rectify this?
    I'm not young enough to know everything - Oscar Wilde