Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Lower back pain when standing still

Hi all,

As of lately (about the past 6 months) I have been getting pretty painful back when whilst standing still.

I was very athletic when I was younger until around the age of 14 where I had an operation which prevented my from playing sports for a year (it was head surgery) - after that I had put on a lot of weight but since then I have lost quite a lot.

I am currently 18 years old, 6'3 and weigh 13 stone.

I can move around, play sports and walk/run but standing in the same position is a real challenge for me now.

I now work in an office where I am sitting for most part of the day which is fine, in my last job I was often behind a till and standing there was difficult, often resulting in me starting to sweat on my forehead.

I would like to attend music festivals but I am worried in regards to the long periods of standing.
The last concert I went to resulted in me getting extremely light headed and nearly fainting.

If anyone could shine some light towards me on any experiences they've had like this or know what could be the problem - and perhaps who I would need to speak to ok regards to this, I would be most appreciative.