Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

What should I ask my chiropractor, PC, massage therapist and gastroenterologist?

I'm new here so hello all. I have a history of GERD and acid reflux disease. For the past few weeks I've been getting awful pain in my upper abdomen just below the sternum. The pain is also in my mid back on the sides of my spine. I went to the ER and they did blood work, CAT Scan and EKG. Everything came back normal. The pain in my back is horrific. I noticed that if I put my head down (chin to chest) with shoulders forward the pain starts as if im stretching my back muscles. It also starts if im standing for too long. Could this be muscle, spine, GERD or a combination of all? I cant stand it anymore. Its paralyzing and ruining my life. Im seeing my primary doctor, a chiropractor, and massage therapist tomorrow but wondering if there is certain questions I should ask each of them. I do take meds for the GERD twice a day plus Zantac 150 once a day. My gastroenterologist appointment isn't till the end of the month. :( Thank you!
Peter burr
advertisement

Comments

• sandisandi Posts: 6,302
    edited 07/24/2014 - 5:17 AM
    If the pain is coming when you bend your neck forward and arch your shoulders, it may not be thoracic pain at all but cervical pain. Have you had any imaging done of the thoracic and cervical areas of the spine?