Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Doctors not helping

BenkaldwurseBBenkaldwurse Posts: 3
edited 07/02/2014 - 8:03 AM in Pain Medications
I've asked my doctor for some pain medicine several times. I know there are some pills that would help, but he wont do it. Two years ago i had a herniated disc out of nowwhere it squashed my spinal cord real bad and I got a laminectomy. For two years ive been dealing with pain. The first 18 months i didnt have a Primary doctor and couldnt get one, so i just went to the hospital because I hurt so bad and i couldnt function like normal. Then i finally got medicaid and its been like six months im trying to get some relief with this doctor now im starting to realize he doesnt beleive me or doesnt give a damn he ordered physical therapy, an x ray, an mri. But no pain meds. Not even NSAIDs. Ive been seeking hrelp with mental health because ive totally gone crazy and dont know what else to do to cope. Chronic pain really does cause depression, so watch out. Its terrible to try to adjust to the me I am now. My identity used to be a hard working, tough, stoic man. Now i am perceived as weak, lazy, dont care enough about my kids, lying scamming drug seeker. Yeah, im seeking drugs. Ive been seeking drugs for two years. Im seeking releif from pain even if only for a few hours. Im at high risk for alcoholism i know if i start drinking or doing streetdrugs and it gives me releif then its over, im gonna die on the street. I wish Dr. Kevorkian was still in business I would give hime a call.
Ben Kaldwurse