Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Newbie, tired of hurting feeling alone, pre-op lumbar fusion

graeggrae Posts: 1
edited 07/02/2014 - 6:35 AM in New Member Introductions

Viewing this site I see many of my pains, frustrations, and fears discussed. I just finished my daily, morning, pity-party, and crying session. I have always had a high tolerance for pain. Three-and-a-half months of constant pain in my right leg and lower back, and now left leg has exhausted my pain tolerance. I am so alone. I moved to a new location and have no friends other than paid people in the medical community. Ha, ha. My boyfriend works and comes home and does his normal jobs plus all the work I used to do. He is frustrated and has less time to spend with me. It is hard on both of us. I just feel more and more alone. I am tired of hurting. I am tired of being tired. Sometimes I just don't know how I'm going to handle this or how to handle this. 

I am anticipating L4-5, and L5-S1 fusions. I have not seen a surgeon yet. Have had many medical professionals look at my MRI. Everyone comes to the conclusion that surgery is in the future. I still have two-and-a-half weeks before I see the neurosurgeon's PA.

Note: my Mri is only lumbar, no one has taken into account thoracic pain, ribs that rotate, an si joint that dislocates, and my cervical spines cracks, pops and occasionally sends sharp, stabbing pains down my neck.

MRI report T-11 thru S-1:

Schmorl's node pathology:most levels.

Discogenic endplate bone marrow signals: multi-levels.

Mild anterior wedge compression, loss of vertebral body height, T-12

Loss of disc height T11-12

"bone spur" protruding into spinal cord T11-12

Facet degenerative hypertrophy L2-3, L3-4, L4-5, L5-S1

Ligamentum flavum thickening L2-3, L3-4, L4-5

Bilateral facet joint effusions L2-3, L4-5

Neural foraminal narrowing: L2-3 (mild), L3-4 (mild-mod), L4-5 and L5-S1 (mod-severe)

Disc bulge L3-4, that contours thecal sac L4-5,

Prominent dorsal epidural sinus fat L3-4

Disc protrusion contours thecal sac L5-S1