Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Available meds in Canada?

Pain medications available in Canada? I was unfortunately knocked off a 16ft roof in May 08. Fusion to L2-L5 with Stryker hardware. My post-op has been tough with after 2 yrs of uncontrolled severe bruising and just feeling terrible other than pain. The culprit was allergy to "vanadium" which is an alloy used in my Stryker hardware. I had the rods/screws removed in spring 2011. I feel somewhat better now just dealing with high levels of lower back pain,spasms and lower leg pain in both legs. I recently noticed the color in my foot digits is off. The dull pain in the legs is however not as severe as my lower back. The pain clinic in Surrey has diagnosed me with "Failed back Syndrome". I have found a rather high number of people post op with this syndrome. I am currently prescribed 40 grams a day of medical marijuana. Which I juice to (CBD) 5oz a day as I dislike the "high" from activating the thc by heating. This however with laws changing and in court is compounded by my WCB insurer not wanting to pay the cost of prescription. I cannot afford 320.00 a day buying from a government grower. I now have had to go back on Tylenol #3's. I have done the big medication loop and the Tylenol seems to be the best fit for me other than the 5oz daily CBD juice. I am having nothing but heartache trying to get Tylenol prescribed on a long term basis. After all this and dealing with roller coastering pain management I am in a constant battle with dealings with WCB. MY QUESTION? "Has anyone in Canada has Sativex prescribed and paid for by WCB?"

• Unfortunately, I don't know the answer to that question for Canada. Is there a formulary that you can get from WC to give to your prescribers regarding what medications are paid for by WC?