Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Kat3143KKat3143 Posts: 3
Hi everyone! I'm new here and just wanted to share my new medication combo that has changed my life!
Since 2010/2011 ('11 is when it got worse) I have been suffering with leg pain and numbness, allong with pain all over due to a car accident. (that's what made my sciatic pain worse)

I have tried EVERYTHING to alleviate this pain.. From acupuncture to an electronic stimulus implanted in my spine targeting my leg pain.. That was the worst idea ever BTW...IMO... I woke up in the middle of the night feeling as if my legs were on fire! And that was supposed to be the thing that saved me from surgery, and when in failed I was at my lowest of lows and coming to realize that surgery was my only answer.

THEN... I discovered VYVANSE!! I originally was starting it for adult ADHD. Apparently I had it as a kid but was never diagnosed. (ADHD wasn't a thing back then.)

So I had heard vyvanse actually caused pain but wanted to try it anyway... I had an arsenal of pain meds to combat any that if it happened to arise..

I took vyvanse and the second it kicked of taking it in, my leg pain/numbness just disappeared! As well as it helping my mood and ADHD symptoms. I couldn't believe it..it was like I was blind and suddenly could see!

I did activities I thought I'd never do again.. I went on a short hike, walled up and down the boardwalk..could go to the store and actually get everything I needed rather than taking short trips or going to the drug store for things because it was a smaller store.

I still get a lot of pack pain, and I know I'll eventually have to have surgery.. But at least now I can walk with move freedom and not worry if I'll have to take a break...(I bet you know exactly what I'm talking about..)

Since then I've also been able to cut back my opiate intake...instead of Opana and fentanyl everything day, I take suboxone to control my pain.. I never realized how depressed and withdrawn I'd been on all of on those drugs.

To beat that... I detoxed in a hospital environment, and by the time I got home I decided to take a step in a positive direction and get off my pills and try suboxone.

It's still hard.. And I crave my pills everyday...especially with tons of triggers everywhere all around.. But I know suboxone won't let me.

I am happier than I've been I a while... I'm not quite a 10... But I'm getting there.

Basically what I'm saying is you don't need all those opiates or any of that other.
Crap they try and feed you.. Talk to your doctor! (pain management..they are the only ones who can give them)

There are other options!

Be well everyone! I hoped this helped a little...

Stay strong!
~ Katmosphere

Post edited to remove inappropriate claims. Spine Health reserves the right to edit any post for inappropriate content.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, or puts you in surgery. . [/]

Proud owner of 8 titanium screws and rods!

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese. [/]

• EnglishGirlEEnglishGirl Posts: 1,825
    edited 07/05/2014 - 6:40 PM
    Hi Kat. Would you mind sharing your spine diagnosis? What damage did your diagnostic tests (MRI etc.) show? What surgery are you delaying & how long do you think you can delay it for? Do you have any nerve impingement? Sorry for all the questions but I've been going around the chronic pain merry-go-round for many years. ;-)

What dose of tramadol & vyvanse do you take?

Thank you so much.
    Osteoarthritis & DDD.
This discussion has been closed.