Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

SI joint pain for 8 months...21 year old male

kenisaimkkenisaim Posts: 1
edited 07/04/2014 - 10:49 PM in Sacroiliac (SI) Joint Problems
21 year old male active duty US military here.

I have been dealing with SI joint pain for at least 8 months now, at least that's what the docs tell me. Having the MRI/Xrays come back as completely normal has been a soul crusher.

Anyways here i sit, july 4th in severe pain. My wife and I decided to stay home and have a few drinks and watch the fireworks from our balcony. I have had about 4 drinks and if i wasn't intoxicated i think this may be the worse pain i have ever been in. It came out of nowhere, i was lying on the couch! Leg going numb, intense back pain on the left side right above that SI joint.

My physical therapy doctor is the only one actually trying to help me. The military doctor pretty much told me stop making appointments. I have seriously lost hope. I have been doing physical therapy for 4 months and no help. I can go 2-3 weeks almost no pain, then bam 2-3 days of such bad pain i have to take leave from work. Whenever i go into the med group they treat me like im just trying to get some pills or not have to work out.

Tonight was the first time i had pain so bad i actually fell down when trying to stand. I am seriously concerned that this is getting a lot worse, and the med doctors don't give a EDIT.

Has anyone here ever had relief from this? Anything i can say to these doctors to actually help me? Sorry for the rant, just had to tell someone other than my wife.

Post edited to remove inappropriate language...Liz spine-health moderator.. Please read the Forum rules

• LC84LLC84 Posts: 599
    edited 07/05/2014 - 4:38 AM
    You can ask about SI joint injections. Not only is it a good tool to help diagnose the pain, but it may also give you some relief. There are exercises/stretches that can be done as well, but I assume you're already doing those. You may also want to ask about Piriformis muscle problems. Do you get pain in your buttocks and down your leg? My Doctor told me that a lot of times one can affect the other. From what I was told SI joint pain is pretty constant whereas Piriformis muscle issues can be off and on. Injections and stretches are usually the course of treatment for that as well. Are you currently taking any medications? According to my Dr anti inflammatories are the best medications to help with that type of pain. The sciatic nerve runs through the Piriformis muscle so if they suspect nerve pain then there are medications to treat that as well. Of course I'm not a Dr but it wouldn't hurt to ask some additional questions.
    Progressive DDD
    Chronic S1 Radiculopathy
    Discectomy L5-S1 2002
    Discectomy, Laminotomy/Foraminotomy L3-S1 January 2014
    Bilateral SI Joint Fusion and 2 level spinal Fusion October 2014
  • IsstoriIIsstori Posts: 2
    edited 07/10/2014 - 7:34 AM
    I'm very sorry for you, it sounds horrible.
    Serveral weeks ago I found something on the internet called "regenerative stem cell therapy", which should be great for joint problems.
    I don't know very much about it.. You get stem cells from your own body fat injected into the affected area and these stem cells find their way on their own to the building sites in the body where their regenerative and healing effect is needed.

Post edited to remove specific doctor's website, not permitted, Liz The spine-health moderator team.

• Hi, I know that specific Dr's are not allowed to be mentioned.  After much googling, I once found a separate list, linked from a forum, of Dr's that did a certain treatment I was interested in.  It was very helpful.  Does anyone know of a separate list or association listing Dr's who would do SI Joint or spinal stem cell therapy?  I'm undergoing my intense google search, but I'd like to save time, if possible.  Thanks!
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,427
    Hello Beaky !
    Welcome to Spine-Health
    Please click on link for helpful information!

Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,427
    You are correct.
    According to forum rules, no member is allowed to mention any doctor or facility, not for recommendation, nor for bashing.
    Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

This discussion has been closed.