Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

GilltinGGilltin Posts: 1
edited 07/05/2014 - 3:39 AM in New Member Introductions
Hi my name is Gill and I am 58 years old. I've been suffering with numbness in my foot, left calf and buttock for nearly eighteen months or so. I wouldn't say that I am in terrible pain - but I do have the odd ache. I have had physio, acupuncture, injections and scenar treatment. Right now I'm not feeling so good - very depressed as I had an MRI scan on Tuesday and the results show that I have Spondylolethesis in L5 - basically my vertebrae has slipped (not the disc the actual bone). Scans have been sent to a neurosugeon to see if they can operate - but apparently surgery is risky. I feel like I'm living with a time bomb at the moment - if it slips away completely I'm in big trouble and I have no idea if this is likely or not. I've got really uptight about it at the moment - having anxiety attacks about it - keep crying all over the place - terrified to move - I feel like I'm over reacting - which I probably am - but until someone confirms how bad it is I can't help panicking over it. Basically I'm really scared. :(