Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

1 year post c5c6 acdf still suffering weird pains

Pickle81PPickle81 Posts: 1
edited 07/09/2014 - 6:11 AM in Recovering from Surgery
Hi im new here so im not too sure hiw this works, but im in need of advice.
In July 2013 I had acdf c5c6 using cavadar bone and hardware due to a accident I had in March 2012. It took 8 months for doctors to actually listen to me and find what was wrong. However in that time the disk was sitting on the spinal cord so I had a bit of a black spot showing up on the cord after my mri.
Prior to surgery I had lost feeling in the 5th and 6th digits of both hands, as well as half the palm. I didnt have a lot of pain more so crazy itching for no reason in my arms, headaches and was slowly losing strength in both arms.
Surgery went smoothly.
1 year later - I am in constant pain, still no feeling in fingers or hands of both arms. Crazy itch remains, moving neck while laying down creates horrible upper back pain, muscular I think. Pulls constantly and im over it. Looking down feels like its pulling my spine (almost like a.rubber band thats not quite long enough). I still have no strength in my arms, my chest pops when I straighten my back.
Im wondering if this back pain is common? I am still not back working but do keep busy and also go to the gym. I thought it may have been cause by lifting weights but it doesnt ever go away. I also get burning at the base of my neck and shoulder. Have had a follow up mri and ct which shows no fusion at the top. Feel like everyone has just left me now yet i feel worse than ever.
Advice please
1 year post op c5c6 acdf